Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week Two, Day 4!

8:30 am - 1:30 pm (5 hours)

Today was very long, hectic and somewhat frustrating.  I got to experience first hand how exhausting and at the same time disappointing a marketing or surveyor's job could be.  It took a lot of time and effort to complete each survey, to come up with the surveying groups and then to distribute the surveys, the students immediate reactions were disappointing to say the least.  So today I took initiative and made an assembly announcement and posted a reminder on news urging students to take the 1-2 minutes to complete the surveys and return them to me.  I even resorted to bribing those who were kind enough to complete the surveys with lollipops.  After have a saddening encounter with about 75 of my surveys in the recycling bin, I was feeling a bit discouraged.  Never fear though, a lot of thoughtful students pulled through and completed the surveys.  On top of over coming some personal frustrations my organizational system was put to the test today when I had to start collecting and sorting the completed surveys.  I was very pleased to say the least with the extend of the responses and with how well my system was working.  I have a file folder for each survey with the survey group taped to the inside so I can keep track of who hasn't returned a survey and the stats that go along with each individual such as grade, boarding or day students and just particulars like that.  then each file folder goes in to a bigger folder that contains all of my project documents.  At the end of the day I discovered that my organizational system works, there are better methods to receiving maximum feedback from surveys and that this type of job can sometimes be disheartening.  A good day in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment