Friday, May 15, 2009

Week Two, Day 5!

9:00 am - 1:00 pm (4 hours)

Today was a FABULOUS day!  I spent the day tallying the results that I have received thus far and learning new and interesting opinions about life here at Proctor Academy.  Just to give a little bit of a teaser Geometry by far is the most beloved math course and it is a close tie between Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal for Edna's best cookies.  With these surveys I tried to ask questions that were relevant and meaningful to the students.  Through talking to various student groups I have gathered that the students would like a less formal survey exploring things like what is the best water fountain on campus, or say the best boys and girls bathroom.  I have to look in to the over all acceptance of things like this but I don't think one page in the book is to much to spare for a fun and silly list of survey results.  I also spent a great deal of time today talking to my mom discussing the frustrations I faced yesterday.  My mom has worked very closely with marketing and survey mailers so she explained it to me more thoroughly from an emotional stand point.  She reassured me that 1-3% returns on surveys were considered exceptional and when I realized I had well exceeded that percentage I felt a lot better.  Over the weekend I plan to compile results and begin writing the write ups for each survey so that I can focus on statistics with Sue next week.  This is the last leg of the project, so hopefully things continue to run smoothly.  Thanks for following!


No comments:

Post a Comment