8:00 am - 12:00 pm (4 hours)
I am posting my blog for yesterday today because here on campus the Internet shuts off at midnight and I didn't finish before my Internet shut off. That being said I worked from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm yesterday due to my relatively light day on Tuesday. It was four hours of illustration, initial book layout and rough drafting write ups. It is safe to say that this week is considerably slower than last week because this project by nature is very front and back heavy on the work loads. In the first week I had to crunch a lot of numbers and get surveys made and distributed. Right now we are in the waiting process which means that I have to occupy my time trying to make my organizational systems as efficient as possible so that next week, which is going to be very busy, goes as smoothly as possible. Next week I will be interpreting results, coming up with stats and finishing up my write ups. As this project develops in to the end product I get more and more excited to see what the students have to say and how I can best relay their opinions to the public. I believe that people who are put in a position to speak for an entire group of people, like what this book is doing, have a great deal of responsibility to be accurate and eloquent because they speak for everyone who may not be able to. I know that this book is nothing like a human rights movement but I'm approaching it with the same mind set because I believe that students care about this school and want their voices and opinions to be heard. This is all very exciting, please continue to follow my blog and see how things unravel.
No comments:
Post a Comment