8:00 am - 11:00 am (3 hours)
Today was a day for details. After meeting with various readers I made corrections and revisions based upon questionnaire clarity and the types of answers received from a practice questionnaire. I learned that there are two types of questionnaire samples. There is an open question and a closed question. The open question asks a question and provides room for a personal answer. The closed question asks a question and then provides a set amount of answers for the person to pick from. Personally I decided to use an open question for most of my surveys because to complete the book and really round out the current student's perspective I had to have reasoning behind answers that were being chosen. Aside from that the last rough draft of these surveys before I meet with Sue again cover a wide array of topics from dorm preferences to course selection. I have begun to use my random number selection system and have picked enough numbers to cover the first four surveys, that's about 200 names. To explain more thoroughly what the random number selection process is, it is a way to select candidates for each survey with out being biased. There are columns of numbers and because we only have about 300 students at school every three digit number selected represents a student at school. To complete the process I will be asking Diane, my mentor, for an alphabetical list of every student that is enrolled and on campus so that I can distribute these surveys after they have been through Sue. So at the end of the day my surveys went through a group of readers and are ready to be handed in to Sue for final revisions and I began choosing students to participate in each survey. It was a tedious but productive day nonetheless. Thanks for following me along on this fun and exciting journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment