12:00 pm - 3:00 pm (3 hours)
Today was a long and tiring day at the office to say the least. As I explained before I chose to use the random number selection process to select unbiased groups of students to participate in my surveys. Little did I know that this specific process would be more than tedious and quite mind dulling. To break down the numbers I have decided to survey 50 students per questionnaire. When looking at the random number process the numbers are placed in columns using digits 0-9, because we only have 350 students in school it was hard having to sift through all three digit numbers to only use numbers 001-350. I have broken it down to fifteen questionnaires, which works out to be about 700 different student survey takers. After I selected all 700 numbers that would correspond with the 700 potential student survey takers, I had to mark which students were selected to pick each individual survey. It was a long and very detail focused day but these are the small things that need to be worked out in order to complete a fair and unbiased survey that will offer substantial results and statistics. Today I gained a new respect for adults whose job it is to calculate statistics and compile surveys for a living. It is a demanding job that requires long hours of focus and concentration, personally I don't know if I could handle a job that is so attention detailed. So at the end of the day I have completed my test groups, tomorrow I will need to meet with Sue to get the final go ahead on my surveys and then I will distribute them to the test groups that were created today. Thanks for reading my blog and don't forget to keep checking back and looking at the more exciting aspects of this project!
No comments:
Post a Comment