Monday, May 11, 2009

Week Two, Day 1!

9:00 am - 12:00pm (3 hours)

Today was a great day because I got to work closely with my sister and spend a lot of time with her.  Through out the past four years at Proctor I haven't gotten to take many classes with Taylre or spend time learning all about her real passion, photography, but today I did.  I needed to capture life on campus to illustrate my book and to put faces to the names.  We walked around campus capturing things of importance like dorms and classes being taught to correspond with questionnaire results.  It was great to learn everything that needs to be taken in to consideration when trying to capture a moment with a beautiful picture.  So where as photos and photography are just one part of my entire book, the process meant a lot to me.   It was more rewarding because I got to experience the art of photography with my sister, as well as spend quality time with her.  I gathered a lot of photos, but I think that tomorrow will also be dedicated to the illustration aspect of this book.  I think in order for it to be a success that this book needs to be professional and well put together.  So on top of being a perfectionist I have started looking in to ways that I could publish this possibly through iPhoto, so that the end result is something to be proud of.  I am really trying to get away from it just looking like another school project, it should be something that is displayed and distributed for everyone at this school to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment