Monday, May 18, 2009

Week Three, Day 1!

10:00 am - 1:00 pm (3 hours)

Today was the start of all the grit work that needs to get done before I can finish this book.  The day started of with me sifting through each survey getting some really basic statistics like which option was considered the best and how many students answered.  These statistics will then be altered to show what can be considered an assumption of what the majority of the school would vote for.  Taking these results and the results of the open ended question i began drafting write-ups and considering whether or not it would be beneficial to add in some student interviews.  At the end of the day students took the surveys with some seriousness.  The responses range from one word answers like "good" to thought out responses such as "I like breakfast because of the warm waffles that Edna makes for us, it reminds me of home."  Though I appreciated every survey that was answered, statements more like the second one will be directly quoted and these types of  thoughts are what is going to construct each survey's write-up.  So the layout of the book is going to be a few pictures, one write-up, one survey and a host of statistics per question.  At the end of the day I think we are looking at about a 40-50 page book, I am getting very excited seeing it all come together so keep watching to see the book evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment